Here is a little bit about the Liebster award courtesy of Chrystal's blog post on the whole affair:
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn't that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 10 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 10 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 10 people to nominate and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
11 random things about me:
I don't like cooked carrots, but I do like raw carrots.
I've never had a major surgery.
3. I love sunsets.
4. I sleep best when there is a thunder or snow storm.
5. Yoga is my crack. I'm addicted and it makes me happy!
6. I date a full time cattle rancher from one of those 'fly-over-states'.
7. I speak two languages fluently.
8. Apples and Peanut Butter is my favorite snack.
9. I hate running. Although I wish it was something I liked to do.
10. One day I would like to say I've been to every state in the US!
Questions from Chrystal:
1. Where did you grow up?
I lived in Germany from the time I was almost 7 years old until just before turning 21. Those count as my 'growing up' years, right?!
2. Your house is on fire and you have time to grab ONE thing. What do you grab?
The first diamond I ever received. It's on a necklace and my grand-parents gave it to me for my 21st birthday. 3. What's your biggest guilty pleasure?
Swiss chocolate... or maybe margaritas!?!4. What is one of your talents?
Cooking without a recipe. I love opening the fridge/pantry and coming up with something new and putting together dinner from scratch. 5. What would you do if you knew you wouldn't fail?
I would open a small, simple yoga studio. But I would look to my good friend and fellow yogini Kendall, for advice since he has the knowledge, experience and know-how I do not!6. Where is your favorite place in all of the world?
Anywhere in Italy. The food, the people, the atmosphere and the way of life. 7. The craziest thing you have ever done?
My first year of university I moved to Barcelona, Spain. I'd only visited the city once after being accepted to the university and moved there without knowing anyone. I didn't know the language, how to get around or what to expect. But it was a great personal test to make myself meet new people, become independent and learn how to dive into the unknown. 8. Have you been in love?
Yes- now! I thought I was in love when I was 18 with my first 'real' boyfriend... but we never said 'I love you' and I'm glad I didn't say it back then 'just because' he was the first boyfriend I had. The gentleman I am dating now told me he loved me a while back. It was the first time he had told a girl he loved her and it was the first time for me to tell a boy a loved him- it was a very special moment!! So worth the wait:)9. What is a piece of wisdom you would like to share?
Life is too short to live it angry, sad, upset or mad. Smile, laugh, enjoy and and live life to the fullest you can every day! The days we have are limited and shorter than we think. Be thankful and make the most of today!10. Why do you blog?
It started out to chronicle the 'little things in life', moments captured on film that make me smile and remember the pretty things life has brought my way. But over time, even with the pictures I post, I have added a few stories and words to each post and even met a few friends and come across a few blogs I look up to and check every morning!
Questions for Nominees:
1. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
2. What is one of your hidden talents?
3. Do you work out? If so, whats your routine?
4. What is one of your favorite books you have read recently?
5. What is one of your pet peeves?
6. What is your ideal vacation?
7. Are you an early riser or a night owl? Is there a reason for either?
8. What's one thing you've accomplished that you want to brag about? Go ahead! Brag!
9. What is your favorite quote?
10. Do you have a favorite season and reason you like that season?
Brittany @ Happiness is a Choice
Lauren @ Sunday Bach
Brooke @ StyleWise
Mallorie @ Home is With You
Theresa @ From Foothills to Fog
Jenn @ My Fabulous Life
Nessa @ Notes from Nessa
Olivia @ Synders Tell All
Brandy @ Cashmere & Camo