photo Header_zps09b643a0.png

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

THE JOSHUA CODE | WEEK 20

We are on week 20 of the JOSHUA CODE.

Here is this weeks verses:

w e e k -  t w e n t y

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; 
and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, 
who loved me and gave Himself for me."  

G a l a t i a n s  2 : 2 0
. . . 

HE TOOK SOMETHING FROM ME: MY OLD LIFE  - "I have been crucified with Christ;"
HE PUT SOMETHING IN ME: MY NEW LIFE  - "it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me;"
HE GAVE SOMETHING FOR ME: HIS OWN LIFE -  "[He] loved me and gave Himself for me."


As you memorize this verse, meditate on the words written by Elizabeth Clephane over one hundred fifty years ago 
in her  old song of faith:

"I take, O cross, thy shadow for my abiding place;
I ask no other sunshine that the sunshine of His face;
Content to let the world go by, to know no gain or loss;
My sinful self, my only shame; my glory - all the cross."


(the joshua code. pg 113)

1 comment:

  1. That's another verse I memorized during my bible study last fall! I totally know that one :)

    ReplyDelete