photo Header_zps09b643a0.png

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

THE BEST PUMPKIN BREAD


y'all - you know i'm not a baker right? it's not my 'thing' in the least. to be honest i have attempted a box-cake before and had to toss it in the trash. see, i told you i'm not a baker!
so yesterday when i attempted this pumpkin bread i impressed myself!

of course there were a few messes.. ie.. almost a cup of flour on the floor and all over my shoes, a coffee break was needed but this bread turned out to be the best pumpkin bread i ever did make!

here is the bread recipe i followed and ingredients needed:
adopted from simplyrecipes

1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup (canned) pumpkin puree
1/4 c olive oil
1/4 c applesauce
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c water
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp apple pie spice
(only because i picked up the wrong bottle off the shelf!)
**

and here is the best part... 
the streusel topping you just have to make!
this is the recipe i followed and ingredients needed:

1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c all-purpose flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 c melted butter
**


**click on the above recipes for directions. 

7 comments:

  1. Yum, I was hoping to make one tonight. thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! I can't wait to try this! Also, I am the messiest cook ever, and use nearly ever dish in the kitchen. Andrew loves it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna try this with honey (I try to avoid processed sugar, but this looks way too yummy to pass up!) wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All this time I have been wondering where you went...and my dumb self was not following you on Bloglovin'!!! Your posts won't be missed again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mouth watering over here...sounds so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's BIG saying it's the best.
    I'll be making it this weekend and I'll let you know how it turns out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. When it comes to fall I feel like the house just isn't complete without something pumpkin-y in it. Homemade pumpkin bread is my favorite way to start the day :)

    ReplyDelete